Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Bono infected me with World Cup Fever!

I don't know if I'll be able to sit through an entire soccer game, but I sure like the commercials. Soccer highlights with U2 music in the background and Bono (also the Edge) lecturing us on how soccer will lead us to World Peace has gotten me pumped!
Even without the commercials I'd still be interested in the World Cup. Guess it's time for another list:
  • It really is a World Cup. When other sports have their "world cups," there's usually a handful of countries that are good at the sport and then the rest of the world who's still learning. Soccer is big all over the world, so there's more talent and better competition to watch.
  • The Americans are the underdogs. It's always more fun to root for the underdog.
  • Bars are opening at 8 AM in the Boston area because of the World Cup. Anything that gets people drinking at 8 AM is a good thing.
  • Ronaldinho

No comments: