Wednesday, June 14, 2006

From the Brushback


Referee Thanks Antoine Walker For Showing Him Error Of His Ways

DALLAS--Referee Joe Crawford thanked Miami Heat forward Antoine Walker Sunday night for showing him the error of his ways after he made an erroneous foul call during Game 2 of the finals. Crawford quickly overturned the call and credited Walker for his knowledge of the game.
“Antoine is one of the smartest players in basketball, and when he tells you something, you listen,” said Crawford. “He really let me have it when I made that bullshit call on him. He was screaming at me and spitting all over my face and practically crying when I finally realized he was right. He never touched the guy. I don’t know what I was thinking, but I certainly appreciated the assistance. That's what separates Antoine from other guys in the league. He's willing to go that extra mile to assist the officials.”

No comments: