Wednesday, June 14, 2006

It's not about Shaq

I made the same mistake countless writers made after the first two games of the NBA finals: I focused on Shaq. Why is everyone focusing on a role player? Sure, Shaq plays a significant role, but this series isn't about him; it's about Dwyane Wade.

Dallas has better talent and better depth, but Miami has Dwyane Wade. Nowitzki is comparable to Wade, but I give Wade a slight edge in creating his own shot and in having incredible hot streaks.

I was ten minutes away from making a joke about how a team could never come back from an 0-3 deficit (unless the opponent plays in NY and has a $200 million payroll), but Wade became Superman. I'm not sure though if Wade has enough heroics in him to get three more wins off of Dallas.

Finally, when was the last time an important game ended with such a great defensive play?

No comments: