Tuesday, March 08, 2005

Something to read on ESPN's Page 2 Besides Bill Simmons

I believe that was my longest headline yet!

Anyway, ESPN's Page 2 has a new writer, Scoop Jackson, and I was impressed with his column. Most writers pretty much say the same things and this guy is clearly different. In his first article he writes stuff I disagree with and agree with, but he keeps it interesting. I was actually able to read the whole article!

Some excerpts with my comments in parenthesis:

  • I believe Muhammad Ali is more significant than Jackie Robinson.
  • I believe fans are oftentimes more arrogant than the players. (Hello Yankee Fans)
  • I believe Eva Longoria should have been in the MNF skit. (That was the true controversy)
  • I believe you should not have to stand for the national anthem if you do not want to.
  • I believe the New England Patriots stopped believing in themselves and won their last Super Bowl. (Wait a second! This guy's an idiot!)
  • I believe there will be another Michael Jordan, but there will never be another Larry Bird. (Maybe he knows a thing or two)

No comments: