Sunday, October 31, 2004

My 1st Angry E-mail!!!

I was really expecting to first hear from a New Yorker, but Mal's pretty defensive about the Lakers. Maybe, he's an NBA ref. Here's some of his e-mail with my comments in italics:


...'86 Celtics, the best ever? You are a cult of one along with an IQ to match. If a team was that great you'd figure they'd be able to parlay that into something resembling a dynasty now wouldn't you? Instead they were sandwiched between Laker championships; who were a vastly superior team of that era.

How does a team win three championships when there’s a vastly superior team around

...I'm sure though the 80's Celtics are fondly remembered by Boston, after all they were almost all white which is just the way "youze" guys like it. Don't believe me? Tell me now, who was the last MLB team to have a black player on their roster 12 years after Jackie Robinson?

You got me, I’m the ghost of racist Tom Yawkey. The Red Sox once being run by a racist is proof that all Boston Fans only like white people. Forget that the Celtics had the first black player and black head coach. Never mind that DJ and Chief are still wildly popular in Boston. By this logic, in a few years, we’ll forget about the 2004 Sox because Manny, Pedro, and Ortiz aren’t white.

So you despise Shaq, Kobe and Jackson, eh? Even with a bad cold one can't help but smell a Laker hater and an eastern elitist at that.

Laker hater yes, elitist no. I’m sure eastern elitists are the only ones who despise Shaq, Kobe, and Jackson

Due to your anachronistic and provincial views towards baketball combined with your slower brain functions from east coast cold, you are unfit to run the basketball section of the otherwise fine website know as bartcop. Oh, and may you contract herpes from a Manny Ramirez cold sore.

I would kiss Manny, but, like you inferred, Boston people don’t want to get to0 close to people who aren’t white.

Thanks for the input Mal; I’m sure you're excited about my upcoming preview. By the way, due to my elitism, I’ll be doing the Eastern Conference first.

No comments: