Friday, December 10, 2004

Let's think of Paul Pierce trades

I only saw highlights of last night's game, but I saw enough of Tony Allen that Iwant him to have major minutes. I've already made my opinions about Pierce; it just looks like he won't fit in with the future of the C's despite his talent. Trading him may hurt the Celtics this year, but I'm excited about this year's rookies. I want them playing major minutes.

We can worry about the salary cap later, but I'm thinking about packaging Pierce with Gary Payton. Teams should want GP because he's a veteran and his contract ends at the end of the year.

I'm struggling with what type of value those two players. Could the Kings possibly give up Bibby? Could the Bulls package Hinrich and Chandler? How about Jason Kidd or Baron Davis?

I need more ideas. I already said Paul Pierce may become Boston's next Drew Bledsoe, but a more accurate comparison will hopefully be Nomar, after a good trade.

1 comment:

Alan said...

There must have been a cloud in Key West yesterday.