Friday, December 31, 2004

More Soap Box Tim

By guest writer Bryan

I do not necessarily have a favorite college football team, but I do like some people within the sport. I like Jeff Tedford, so I like Cal football. Never been a huge Lloyd Carr fan, but for some reason I love Michigan football. I thought that I wouldn't mind Jim Tressel and that Maurice Clarett was a liar, but now hopefully Tressel will get hit by a bus soon. Same can be said of Frank Beamer by the way. Yet, I will not reserve this time for those two doucebags, but rather another scumbag of a coach that has infested the college ranks; Steve Alford, head coach of the University of Iowa Basketball.

Do yourself a favor, and read this...[member name: sportsfrog, user: sportsfrog]

Yeah, that is Pierre Pierce, still playing basketball even though he is a rapist. Where does Alford come in you ask? Well, Alford held "prayer" sessions with the young lady, if you need a translation, Alford basically muscled this young girl into getting this girl to change some of her story. Which is odd, because you'd think that just standing up for a rapist would be bad enough, but Steve had his own agenda.

All of that, yet Bobby Knight is a bad guy because he threw a chair. My problem is not that he still plays, or that a coach stands by his players. Rather my problem is with that article. I mean, why should we care how a rapist is coping with getting heckled from a crowd? Maybe Reid Hanley should track down the victim and see how she is doing? What does she think of Pierre still playing basketball at Iowa? I wonder if she is able to play basketball herself, as she was part of the womens team, though I would imagine making sure nothing tears anymore would be her bigger concern.

Actually I do have a problem with him still playing. Is this where life is now going? Cal gets screwed because they took a knee. This piece of garbage still gets to play, regardless of him raping a woman, because he can put a ball in a hoop that is ten feet high. Whose fault is this? Do we blame Pierre? Or for that matter, do we blame another piece of garbage, Marcus Vick? How about their scumbag coaches? They are the ones suspending them for a year, and then allowing them back. Look at Tom Osborne (R-NE), who would take any scumbag he could find and put him on his team, just to get that elusive national championship.

How about the fans? Is it possible that we put such a premium upon winning that we will accept some of these problems, just so that our team hoists a trophy? I wanna know honestly, somebody help me out. Let me know your reasons.

Athletic Directors? Boosters (probably - they are the ones running the programs, not the AD's, Coaches, or University presidents)? Coaches? Players? Or fans? Please let me know

No comments: