Sunday, December 05, 2004

Wish it was Auburn vs. USC

Saturday was the first time I watched a lot of college football. This happens to me every year; I start watching in December, and I wonder why I didn't watch more earlier. Anyway here's some thoughts about what I saw.
  • BCS or no BCS, USC will be national champs. I can't wait to see many of their players in the NFL.
  • I'd say Auburn's better than Oklahoma.
  • Auburn quarterback Jason Cambell looked incredible. I was trying to figure out his draft prospects, but I'm not an "ESPN insider." Bastards.
  • Virginia Tech looked good against Miami, although Miami's quarterback was terrible. It was strange to see these two former Big East teams play in the ACC Championship game. I'm sure Pitt didn't mind seeing them in the ACC.
  • Tech might even give Auburn a good game.
  • A team that lost to UCONN is playing in the Fiesta Bowl! Tostitos must be thrilled.
  • All of New England must have cringed before halftime when Pete Carrol said his team was "pumped."
  • Another strength of the USC program is their cheerleaders
  • It's a shame Cal isn't going to the Rose Bowl. They hadn't been there in 46 years, and it's strange not to see a PAC 10 school playing in Pasadena.
  • The only thing Cal did wrong was lose to USC by six points.
  • Granted, all Texas did was lose to Oklahoma by 12 points, but, like I said before: USC's better.
  • Can anyone get me tickets for the Motor City Bowl? Nothing beats winter in Detroit watching famed football schools UCONN battling with Toledo. I bet Okafor would be a good tight end.

No comments: