Saturday, December 25, 2004

Some Christmas cheer from a Packer Fan

Here's an e-mail I received from Kris in Key West on Christmas Eve.

You know what? Brett Farve sucks, the Packers fans don't know shit and everything in New England and Boston is the bomb. Stay in your little insulated world, don't venture into territory you know nothing about. If you think the Patriots will ever win a Super Bowl again, you are much more naïve than I thought......Kris in Key West 81 degrees

Happy Holidays Kris!

3 comments:

Alan said...

I'm not sure if Kris's latest post is direct to me or patriotsy2k. Anyway, I guess I'll address my "uncalled for" comments about the Packers since that's what started it. I've said Favre is past his prime, makes mistakes, and the media gets carried away praising him. I've also said the NFC is weak, Green fumbles too much, and Sherman can't coach. Which of these are uncalled for because many others have said the same thing? As for my comments about the fans, that was just a reaction to something I saw, which I think is the point of this whole site.

I'd love to hear people dispute my opinions; we need more of that, but you have to do better than bragging about the Packers' championships before the AFL/NFL merger and telling me a tennis announcer says the fans are knowledgable, I live in the sheltered world of Boston, and the Patriots will never win again.

Alan said...

I can't "let you be right" when you keep predicting championships for the Mets and Jets.

Alan said...

I just like making fun of the Jets and Mets. We've all been right and wrong about several things. I just feel fortunate that the Sox and Pats are successful now, and it's fun to point out the Mets' and Jets' problems. You'd be doing the same thing if the Jets and Mets were great and the Boston teams struggled. Maybe in 20 years you'll get the chance.