Saturday, February 26, 2005

New England Patriots

It's no surprise they released Ty Law. I'm glad Ty Law left with class. Last offseason he said some ridiculous things about Belichick and the Pats. I think he was trying to get himself released last year so he could get a good signing bonus. The Pats obviously did fine without him, but I'll still miss his talent. I'll especially miss those interceptions he gets against Manning.

Releasing Law will make it possible for the Pats to sign an extension for Brady, which they're rumored to do soon. He'll make less than Manning and Vick, even though he's better than both of them. Brady knows he's in a good situation, and he wants his team to be able to sign other players.

To replace Law, my guess is the Pats will sign a good safety and move Wilson to corner. Then again, they could draft or sign a cornerback.

No comments: