Thursday, February 24, 2005

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Antoine Walker's a Celtic again. I haven't heard or read any analysis yet, so I might be a little misinformed, but what else is new. This trade was absolutely horrible. I don't mind losing Payton. He can't play defense, and he was leaving anyway. I also think West and Banks need a chance to play more.

But why Antoine Walker! Picture me yelling "Why! Why Me!" like Nancy Kerrigan. The two brightest players for the Celtics' future is power forward Al Jefferson and swing man Tony Allen. They both need to play a lot. When Walker plays, he'll take away minutes from players who need them and deserve them.

Here's the other thing about Walker. He sucks. He's a ball hog and takes way too many shots, but he can't shoot. He's also a poor athlete and he can't play defense. Wonderful! I sure am glad the Celtics threw in a first round draft pick to get him.

I don't know enough about the salary cap to understand how losing Walker's big contract at the end of the season could help the Celtics. Maybe a sign and trade deal is possible.

I thought the nightmare of seeing Walker in green was over. I need a drink.

No comments: