Thursday, February 24, 2005

Webber traded

This reminds me of the Barkley trade. The Sixers gave away a superstar for three average players. It was a great trade for the Suns, and it killed the Sixers.

Now it looks like the Sixers are the beneficiary. Iverson and Webber make a great duo, and most Eastern teams can't defend Webber. Maybe Sacramento wanted to lose Webber's contract and was concerned about his health, but they should have gotten much more for him. The three players they're getting also have long term contracts.

The Kings' run is over.

1 comment:

Alan said...

I hesitated when I typed the thing about their run/ They put together several good regular seasons and I believe that's over. Another thing about the 02 season was the officiating. Besides the usual Shaq/Kobe calls, I remember Doug Christie gettinghit by Kobe in front of a ref. I'm still waiting for the whistle.