Sunday, November 28, 2004

Attempting to write about NCAA Football

  • There's a chance that 6-5 Syracuse could play in a BCS Bowl.
  • Yesterday was BC's last chance to play in a BCS bowl game. For some reason, I think Clemson and Florida State will be tougher opponents than UCONN and Rutgers.
  • One last thing about BC, I guess if they went to a BCS game, the school would have made about $14 million. Now that they're going to a meaningless bowl, they'll lose money. Either way, the players are paid the same.
  • Here's the thinking behind Nebraska hiring failed NFL Coach Bill Callahan: "It worked for USC when they hired NFL reject Pete Carroll."
  • Does this mean that Dave Wannstadt has a chance of being Florida's next head coach?
  • Remember when the Florida schools actually played exciting football? I miss the days of Ward and Dunn, a Hurricane team better than the Dolphins, and Spurrier Ball.
  • Spurrier might be hated, but at least his college teams played exciting football. Hopefully that will happen in South Carolina. The joke connecting Spurrier's personality with South Carolina's mascot was funny the first time I heard it. Now that I've heard it a million times, it's not so funny.
  • The USC Trojans are the only college team I'd make an effort to watch
  • Hopefully by now you can see why I need someone else to write about college football.

No comments: