Sunday, November 07, 2004

More Yankees!

I got an e-mail regarding chants for the Yankees from Brian:

"How about an overrated chant at Derek Jeter. I saw his catch on against Boston in July,and he didn't have to go into the stands. He risked injuring himself for nothing. He's way overrated."

I completely agree. More difficult catches are made almost daily -- Pokey Reese actually made a better catch in the same game. Anyway, after I read this I was trying to find information about Cashman for my previous post, and I ended up at www.nyyfans.com. Forget the Onion and SportsPickle.com, this is the first place I'll go for a good laugh. NYYFans.com Staff Writer, James Norberto wrote this about Jeter in his report card for the 2004 Yanks:

"Horrendous April and May, but picked it up so much after The Catch (Move over, Dwight Clark)"

If you don't believe me, here's the link: The Most Amazing Play in the History of Man





No comments: