Tuesday, September 06, 2005

College notes

For expert opinions go somewhere else. Here are my thoughts after seeing 5 quarters and some highlights.
  • Unfortunately I chose to watch Miami, FSU -- not a good game to get the public interested in college football.
  • I saw a quarter of Notre Dame and it was like watching the junior varsity version of the Patriots. Many NFL owners must be having second thoughts about not hiring Charlie Weis when they had the chance.
  • Every time I see the crowd of a Florida game I kick myself for going to the wrong college.
  • Oklahoma loses to TCU while FSU and Miami look very shaky. There are three less teams Pete Carroll needs to worry about facing in a bowl game.
  • Either FSU's pass rush is really good or Miami's offensive line is really bad.
  • The biggest adjustment for me when watching college football is the inconsistent field goal kicking. With most NFL kickers (excluding a certain Jet last year), fans don't need to be nervous with a kick of less than 30 yards. Miami and FSU fans can't say the same thing.
  • Is Greg Olsen the next great Miami tight end or did FSU just forget to cover him? And how did Miami score only seven when the defense could not stop Olsen?
  • FSU receiver Decody Fagg must be tougher than a boy named Sue.

No comments: