Friday, December 02, 2005

Money, Baseball, Money

  • I've been reading about how middle market teams have a lot of cash this year because of income from the luxury tax, satellite radio, and Internet radio. So how do the Marlins explain this year's fire sale? Luis Castillo is the latest to be traded, and Juan Pierre's probably next. Patriotsy2k and those other two Marlins fans must be really upset.
  • My memories of Flash Gordon: some great seasons closing for the Red Sox and then choking in the playoffs, some good seasons for the Yankees but physically falling apart at the end of the season, and my favorite - psychologically falling apart as the Red Sox beat him up in the playoffs. Now he's the new 38-year-old closer for the Phillies at the low cost of $18 million over three years. Enjoy, Phillies fans.
  • My first thought when I saw that the Yankees picked up Kyle Farnsworth was it's a good signing; he's a bit inconsistent, but he has a great arm. Then, I saw he's getting $17 million over three years.
  • Wish I grew up to be a middle reliever.
  • Bet Rich Garces wishes he was a little younger. He made less in his entire career than Farnsworth will make in one season.
  • Congrats to the Brewers for bringing back their classic logo for Sunday home games. Let's hope the Astros copy their idea.

No comments: