Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Ebony & Ivory

Milton Bradley says Jeff Kent doesn't know how to deal with black people.
"The problem is, he doesn't know how to deal with African-American people," Bradley said. "I think that's what's causing everything. It's a pattern of things that have been said -- things said off the cuff that I don't interpret as funny. It may be funny to him, but it's not funny to Milton Bradley..."
Nice use of the third person Milton. So, Bradley thinks he knows why Kent doesn't get along with him. What's his explanation for why everyone else doesn't like him?

Jeff Kent responded with the famous "some-of-my-best-friends-are-black-people" reply:

"If you think that I've got a problem with African-Americans, then go talk to Dusty Baker. Go talk to Dave Winfield, who took me under his wing. Go talk to Joe Carter -- all the guys that I idolized in this game and all the veteran players who taught me how to play this game.

"That's a shame, and I take offense to that. That's just absolutely pathetic if it comes from his mouth."


No comments: