Friday, August 26, 2005

Fat Favre?

Why didn't we see this headline the last few years? This preseason I keep hearing reporters compliment Favre for coming into camp in such good shape and how he lost a lot of weight. Favre's been pretty blunt about his fitness:

"I felt like the last two or three years I cheated myself," Favre said, "which obviously ends up cheating your teammates as far as being in the best shape physically and mentally that you can possibly be in."

Favre should be praised for working hard during the offseason. However, if he wasn't in good shape the last few years, why was this never mentioned by all the "experts" that supposedly know everything about the game? I guess they were too busy talking about how a cornerback's hands must hurt so much after intercepting a Favre pass.

No comments: