- Edgerrin James is now a Cardinal, giving his new team a good running back for the first time in my memory. So now we finally get to learn if James success came because teams concentrated on Manning or if Manning's success came from teams who had to respect James. This may hurt the Colts more than people expect. Meanwhile it's hard to believe the Cardinals will be more than just the Cardinals.
- The Ravens re-signed Jamal Lewis to a big contract despite coming off a bad year. Don't understand that one.
- Speaking of not understanding things, the Redskins gave way too much for Antwaan Randle El. Randle El's a dynamic player, but he never became a reliable receiver and made plenty of mental mistakes. Guess Joe Gibbs really wants some more trick plays.
- Also joining the Redskins: Adam Archuleta (who should scare receivers with Sean Taylor), Andre Carter, Brandon Lloyd, and Christian Fauria. I'll miss the spike between the legs after his touchdown catches with the Pats. The 'Skins are also talking to John Abraham. Free agent time is always the best time of year for the Redskins.
- Good move by the Browns bringing in 3-4 veteran Ted Washington. They'll have a better run defense.
- The Giants signed a good cornerback, Sam Madison. They also signed a bad one, R.W. McQuarters.
- Meanwhile there's crickets in Foxboro as Willie McGinest and Adam Vinatieri hang out in free agent land.
Monday, March 13, 2006
Free agency fun
A lot of stuff going on in the NFL: