Thursday, January 13, 2005

Are Pat fans rooting for the Jets and Steelers?

I'm not bothering previewing this game because I pretty much agree with the Godfather. Something more interesting than a prediction is the question over who would fans rather see the Pats play if the Pats beat Indy.

I truly enjoy watching both teams lose, but unfortunately only one team can lose. Usually when I watch two teams I dislike, I route for the visiting team just for the thrill of watching despondent home fans.

Another thing to think about is what is the better matchup. If the Jets win, we get the pleasure of watching the New York/Boston rivalry. Let's face it, the Jets versus the Pats is exciting in September; I can't even imagine what it would be like with the Super Bowl at stake.

The big story in a Steeler/Pats matchup is the revenge theme. The Pats want revenge for the Steelers regular season win and for the Steelers ending their streak. The Steelers want revenge from the last time they met the Pats in an AFC Championship game. I remember Kordell Stewart saying that sometimes the better team doesn't win. I guess he didn't realize that special teams and a quarterback's ability not to throw the ball to his opponents are factors when determining the better team.

I'm still undecided on what I'd like to see. Anyway, I should be thinking more about whether or not the Pats can beat the Colts.

No comments: