Wednesday, January 26, 2005

Think spring, think spring

In case you haven't noticed from my large amount of recent posts, I'm stuck inside during another snow storm. Guess it's better than working. Anyway, spring training's only a few weeks away, so let's talk about baseball.

  • Carlos Delgado signs with the Marlins: Patriotsy2k knows much more about the Marlin than I do, but I think this is an excellent move. Delgado would have put up better numbers in the smaller ballparks of Baltimore or Texas, but I love the idea of Cabrera, Delgado, and Lowell surrounded by a bunch of pesky, speedy players. Hopefully they'll beat up Pedro.
  • Speaking of the Mets, Mientkiewicz will be their consolation prize: First of all, that's the last time I write his name, just too difficult to spell. It's a good move for the Mets. I've always felt that teams underestimate how important it is to have a good fielding first baseman. Mets pitchers should be happy. As for the Sox, they lost a great pinch runner and a great defensive replacement. Good pitching and hitting wins championships, but you need good role players too. Hopefully, the Red Sox find some.

1 comment:

Alan said...

You forgot the Braves with Hudson and Smoltz in the rotation.