Sunday, January 09, 2005

Watching Saturday's games with a Seahawks fan and Jets fan

I usually watch NFL games with other Pats fans, but yesterday I got a whole new perspective.

First, the game with the Seattle fan. Right away, I was impressed with the multitude of insults he came up with for the Seahawks' receivers. Then, after a good drive by the Seahawks he correctly predicted that Holmgren would get too conservative on the next drive. To top the afternoon off; before the Seahawks final drive, he predicted that a receiver would drop a pass on a big play. Sure enough he was right.

Next was the drunken Jet fan (I know that's a repetitive phrase). I wish I had a video camera for the Barton play. The second the ball hit the ground, he turned away from the TV, put his arms up, and cheered in front of about twenty of us. Then came the shocked face as all twenty of us laughingly pointed at the flag on the field. His first response was to blame the refs for killing the Jets. Then he saw the play. All he could do was shake his head.

I didn't get the honor of watching what he'd do if the Jets lost. On the bright side, I did get a close replay of his Barton response when the first field goal didn't count.

Other thoughts from Jets, Seahawks, and Pats fans:
  • Everybody hates Mike Martz, the group laughing and jeering at the same time whenever the camera's on him.
  • Everyone believes that the twelve-year-old kicker for the Chargers needs to be put on suicide watch.
  • Everyone hates the ESPN announcers.

No comments: