Monday, January 24, 2005

Thoughts on the games

I'm not going to analyze these games to death; I'm assuming everyone's read enough, so here's some random thoughts:

  • I really hated the 2001 Steelers. I thought they were a conceited team that didn't give the Pats enough credit for their win. I still remember all the dumb comments that were said going into the following season. That being said, I didn't mind this team. They said all the right things and they played the game tough. All the big plays were going the Pats way, but I thought the Steelers kept on fighting. If the same plays happened to the Colts, the score would have been 41-3.
  • Maybe it's just me, but it looks like Roosevelt Colvin is suddenly looking pretty good. Hopefully, he's gotten over the injury.
  • Rodney Harrison didn't make the Pro Bowl? At least John Lynch will be well rested for Hawaii.
  • Has there been a team in any sport that completely changes the way they play each week? One week, the Pats blitz like crazy, the next they never blitz. One week the run like crazy, the next they dink and dunk, then they open it up and throw some bombs. The Colts "way" is their no huddle aggressive offense, the Steelers "way," is hard nosed running, what's the Pats way?
  • Even the national anthem singer for the AFC was far superior than the anthem singer for the NFC.
  • The Eagles seemed a little too happy about winning the NFC Championship. I'd hate to see how they'd react to a Super Bowl victory. Luckily, that won't happen.
  • Can we even call Michael Vick a quarterback? He throws with no accuracy and looks completely lost in the pocket. Is it too late to make him a running back?
  • McNabb still doesn't impress me, but the Philly 'D does.
  • One television criticism: Fox was showing Mora steaming on the sideline at the end of the game, but never explained why he was so upset. An Eagle did a helmet to helmet shot on one of his players, and then taunted him after the hit. God forbid Moss pretends to moon a crowd, but let's ignore that classless play.
  • I'm not Daniel Graham's agent, but watch replays of highlights. He's either pancaking players on a big run play or he's stiffling a pass rusher on a big pass play.
  • One last note on the critical side. I didn't like how Dillon ran; he seemed to hesitate rather than nailing the holes. Also a little too much chest thumping after one yard runs.
  • I can't end on a negative note -- I think Brady might be better than Pennington.

No comments: