- "...In the dandy dozen since June 12, Sox starters are 9-0 with a 1.77 ERA..."
- "...The Big Blowhard is due back in the rotation early next month. Is any other team going to get a midseason acquisition better than Schilling?"
- "...Meanwhile, as usual, the Red Sox lead the majors in hitting (.285), runs (409), and on-base percentage (.360). They've scored six or more runs in 12 of their last 14 games. Manny Ramirez is back to his Jimmie Foxx self. Boston's catcher, center fielder, and DH are having All-Star seasons..."
- "...Here's another clue for you all: The Sox are in first place even though at the end of yesterday's games they had played more road games than any other team in baseball. Boston plays 49 of its first 88 games away from home, which means they will be at home down the stretch."
- "...And then we have the unfortunate, spoiled sons of Steinbrenner. The Boss assembled baseball's first $200 million roster but as of this morning, the Yankees are 37-37. There is no sign of life, no alternatives in the farm system, and no one who can be moved. They're just a couple of injuries away from morphing into the Horace Clarke Yankees of 1965-66."
Sunday, June 26, 2005
Good stuff from Shaughnessy
Got this from today's article on the Sox. The following could explain why I've been in a good mood lately: