Monday, June 27, 2005

When does LeBron's contract end?

Cleveland hired Danny Ferry to be the team's GM today because, according to Mark Stein, "[Cleveland owner] Gilbert, who said he interviewed 22 candidates for the GM position before hiring Ferry, couldn't afford to wait any longer to finalize his front office."

How much longer could he wait? I'm sure 24 hours is plenty of time for Danny Ferry to prepare for a draft. It's not like Cleveland has been busy for the past few months.

Here's another gem from the Stein article. Someone asked Ferry about his lack of experience. His reply: "I have more experience than most people," he said. "I grew up with it. My dad was a GM for 20 years. I heard him curse and holler at agents when I was nine years old."

His dad was a GM so he has to be good! By the logic, he'll soon sign the children of Michael Jordan, Magic Johnson, and Larry Bird.

If I were another team, I'd be clearing all the cap space I could for the day when LeBron walks away from Cleveland.

Also, when do the Coach K to Cleveland rumors begin?

No comments: