Monday, April 18, 2005

Bryan's Draft Preview: O-Line

I was going through my stuff on the offensive line, and I feel like I am going to be cheating all of you. I'm really not that good at saying who is exceptional and who is not. I love offensive line players, and I think you can't get enough of them, but its tough for a novice to evaluate them. I'm the type of person who thinks that left tackle is the second most important position on the field. I'd rather just rate them, and then look at the teams in depth who need some work

Tackles

1.) Alex Barron, Florida State

2.) Jammal Brown, Oklahoma

3.) Khalif Barnes, Washington

4.) Adam Terry, Syracuse

5.) Chris Colmer, North Carolina State

Guards

1.) David Bass, Michigan

2.) Elton Brown, Virginia

3.) Marcus Johnson, Ole Miss

4.) Evan Mathis, Alabama

5.) Logan Mankins, Fresno St.

Centers

1.) Chris Spencer, Ole Miss

2.) Ben Wilkerson, LSU

3.) Jason Brown, North Carolina

4.) Scott Mruczkowski, Bowling Green

5.) Richie Incognito, Nebraska

Teams in Need

Buffalo: They lost Jonas Jennings, gonna need to reshuffle their line

Rams: Losing Kyle Turley hurts them

Jets: Lost Karem McKenzie during the offseason

Dolphins: Is there anything this team doesn't need?

Other teams they might want to add some depth

Every team in the NFL, I mean everyone. Who can't use some extra offensive line help?

No comments: