Thursday, April 21, 2005

A trip through the archives

I decided to look at my NBA preview from November, and at people's responses. Some highlights:

  • [LeBron] James will be a playoff star, but not with any of his current teammates. (First Round loss in the playoffs, GM and coach will be fired
I got the part about the GM and the coach right.

  • NEW YORK KNICKS - This roster just doesn’t make sense. Does Isiah listen to Sports Radio, hear a crazy trade idea, and say to himself, “why not?” If he doesn’t, he might want to give that a shot because this team looks like a mess. (No playoffs)
  • WASHINGTON WIZARDS - Antawn Jamison could have a breakout year. He and Gilbert Arenas could be a good enough tandem to lead them to the playoffs. (Playoffs, did I really write that?)
Here's some responses to my Eastern preview:

Kris in Key West said...

You must still be buzzed from all the Red Sox celebrations if you think the Wizards have any shot at the playoffs.

David said...

You have got to be on crack if you think this Bulls team will "brarely miss the playoffs." Of course, I guess "barely miss the playoffs" could mean be out of it before Christmas.

I do need to give Kris some credit for predicting success for the Suns (I had them barely missing the playoffs). But since Kris's ego doesn't need too much massaging, I'll mix his Suns prediction with his interesting Milwaukee prediction:

In the East you don't know about the Milwaukee Bucks. Don't worry about their lack of talent, they will have something brewing come next spring. At this time I'm not at liberty to tell you the big secret, sorry. In the West, the Phoenix Suns are in for sure. Coach Mike D'Antoni is the master of the European game and despite the fact they don't have a real center, their fast break team style is going to be very hard to stop. Besides, they have the coolest mascot in sports, the Gorilla.

No comments: