Sunday, April 03, 2005

UNC vs. Illinois

First, a bracket update. Patriotsy2k is up by 3 points but I have UNC winning it all and he has Syracuse. So, if UNC wins, I win, and if Illinois wins, Patriotsy2k backs himself into a championship.

UNC's second half performance is why I picked them to begin with. They haven't played like that for most of the tournament, and it's about time they woke up. The great thing about Illinois is that any of there players can step up and be the star for any game. Williams and Brown couldn't shoot last night, so Head and Powell Jr. took over.

As for Monday's game, I see Illinois having the advantage in the backcourt and Carolina having the advantage in the frontcourt. Other than that the teams are pretty even, so it will come down to who has a better night shooting or which players get into foul trouble.

I'll stick with my original pick of Carolina, but I'm not completely comfortable with it.

No comments: