Sunday, April 10, 2005

Tiger Woods wins Masters

I'm a very casual golf fan. I watched the last four holes today, and that's pretty much all I watch -- the last few holes of a major tournament. So here's my misinformed opinions about Tiger's victory.
  • Golf is more interesting when Tiger's involved. I've seen many tournaments when a player needs to make a put to win, but it's much more exciting when Tiger's the one trying to win.
  • I don't understand Tiger-haters. He seems like a good guy and we're fortunate to see such an amazing player. It's tough not to like a guy who got so emotional talking about how he won for his father who is not doing well.
  • It's also tough not to like Tiger's wife.
  • Here's an article that made me appreciate the Master's
  • If you didn't click the link, here's some highlights: $2 beers, no advertisements on the course, only 4 minutes of commercials per hour (hopefully someone from the NCAA will read this article), and no Jets fans (Godfather, I'm just reporting what the author of the article wrote).

No comments: