Monday, April 25, 2005

NFL Draft

I missed the draft and know nothing about about college football. With that, here's my expert analysis:
  • Minnesota should have taken Mike Williams. He will be a star. I also don't blame Detroit for taking Williams despite already having good receivers. As Bill Belichick said on the radio today, no coach worries about having too much talent at a position.
  • Good draft for Cleveland getting Edwards and Frye.
  • Good draft for Miami getting Brown and Crowder.
  • Good draft for Cincinnati getting those Georgia defenders.
  • It's exciting to get an incredible athlete who's changing positions, but I don't think it's a good idea to spend a first rounder on Matt Jones.
  • Nor would I spend a second round pick on a kicker.
  • Is Doug Jolley really worth a first rounder? Will he be better than Heath Miller?
  • You know my opinion about Jason Cambell; here's another QB I like: Carolina's Stefan LeFors. I have no idea how good of a player he is, but he grew up in a house with deaf parents, grandparents, and a deaf brother.
  • Matt White wins the Heisman and doesn't get drafted. Matt Cassel sits on the bench for his entire USC career and gets drafted by the Super Bowl Champs. Go figure.
  • Maurice Clarett's should be the happiest guy in the draft.. I could be a successful running back for Denver.

No comments: