Monday, May 23, 2005

Conference Finals

After Game 1 of each series, here's some thoughts.

First, the Spurs and the Suns. I see the Spurs winning this because no one can guard Duncan, and Nash can't guard Parker. Plus they have Ginobli who's turning into a star and the perfect role players. The Suns will win a few, however, IF: the Suns triple team Duncan and Barry and the other three point shooters go in a shooting drought, or the Suns hit an incredibly high percentage of threes.

No matter what happens, this series will be incredible basketball, and will just remind me how bad the Celtics are.

Now, the Heat and the Pistons. Didn't watch Game One, but I can tell you that Jack Bauer is the man! I think Shaq has broken the record for longest time injured with a bruise. Anyway, I'm interested in this matchup because the Heat have the two best players: Wade and Shaq, but the Pistons have more overall talent and seem to be the better team. I'm still trying to figure out if I like this Pistons team. More on this later. Maybe. I guess I'll predict the Pistons win in 6.

No comments: