- I've been somewhat critical of Iverson's style of play lately, but his game three performance was amazing. I can't get over how much quicker he is compared to everyone else. He has also played a very smart game.
- I can't remember a rookie playing better defense than Andre Iguodala.
- Don't want to get into a greatest player ever argument, but Shaq's been taken out of games late in the fourth because his backup plays better defense and shoots better free throws. Don't think the same happened with Russell, Kareem, Magic, Bird, or Jordan.
- The Celtics and Paul Pierce are driving me crazy. After game three, I wanted to give up on them and get rid of Pierce. Then last night they had the performance I was waiting for. Pierce did all the little things and scored thirty without all the dumb isolation stuff.
- Why do players and coaches think that because it's the playoffs they need to slow the offense down? Magic's Lakers never slowed things down and it worked for them.
- It's the playoffs. Enough about attention-whore, Phil Jackson.
- Phoenix and Miami are each up 3-0. Has a professional team ever choked that big of a playoff lead?
Sunday, May 01, 2005
The Bruins once again accomplished nothing in the NHL playoffs; now let's look at the NBA.