Sunday, May 08, 2005

Not sure where to begin

The Celtics were completely outplayed. The officiating was still terrible, but the way the Celtics played last night, they would have lost with an officiating crew of Tommy Heinsohn, Red Auerbach, and me.

My initial thought is I want Pierce, Walker, and Payton gone. Payton's easy to explain -- he's too old to play defense. When Anthony Johnson can burn by you, it's time to hang the sneakers up.

Pierce and Walker are talented players. They're just not as talented as they think they are. In big games, actually at the end of all games, they take on a Kobe Bryant mentality. They think they're going to take their teams on their shoulders because they're the best players on the court. For them, doing this means slowing the pace down, refusing to pass and forcing shots. I don't want players on the Celtics who play like this.

I know people would argue that teams shouldn't get rid of their best players. I say it is time to get rid of your best players when one is outplayed by Stephen Jackson and the other is out hustled by Jeff Foster.

1 comment:

Alan said...

keep him