Tuesday, May 03, 2005

Jason Williams - Pen Stealer

I'm actually siding with Williams on this story. Columnist Geoff Calkins wrote:

"How do you feel on this Sunday, as the Grizzlies are poised to be swept from the playoffs for the second straight year? Are you glum? Angry? Depressed? Frustrated? Jason Williams is none of those things.

'I'm happy,' he told a CA reporter at practice Saturday. 'I go home and see my kids and my wife and I'm OK. All this (bleep) is secondary to me.'

I have a strong suspicion that the reporter did not ask Calkins' questions before Williams gave that quote. When Williams said this, his team was down three games to nothing (only the Red Sox could come back from a deficit like that), and I'm guessing he was trying to put things in perspective. NBA players have terrible reputations for being bad family men, and players are usually praised when they say that what really matters is that they have their wife and kids.

I also think it's funny that Williams kept stealing pens.

No comments: