Monday, May 16, 2005

In awe of Dwayne Wade

I haven't written anything lately because I'm speechless after Wade's third quarter performance. I love everything about his game, but I especially like how he scores without throwing up a lot of threes. It reminds me of Jordan in his prime when most of his points came from drives and midrange jumpers.

Some other things about Wade. Other than Shaq, his supporting cast is not that good. His assist numbers would be much higher if someone besides streak shooting Damon Jones could hit a shot.

Wade is making the Kobe/Shaq story more interesting. Kobe couldn't deal with the fact that Shaq was the big shot of the Lakers. Unlike Kobe, Wade has been deferential to Shaq since day one, but guess who's taking over the Heat even if he doesn't want to? Over the next two season the Heat will become Wade's team. It will be similar to how the Lakers slowly turned from Kareem's team to Magic's team.

No comments: