Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Shaq & Kobe kiss and make up

Bill Russell talked some sense into Shaq:

"I had orders from the great Bill Russell," O'Neal said. "Me and him were talking in Seattle the other day, and he was telling me how rivalries should be. I asked him if he ever disliked anybody he played against, and he told me, 'No, never,' and he told that I should shake Kobe Bryant's hand and let bygones be bygones and bury the hatchet.
"Today is a day of peace. Dr. Martin Luther King was an ambassador of peace. So when I talked to Mr. Russell, he told me he said that him and Chamberlain spoke once or twice a week before he passed away. And even though people thought they hated each other, there was nothing but love there."

It was fun having two major athlete hate each other like professional wrestlers, but it is probably best that this feud ended. Life is more important than sports, and this gesture by Shaq might give people a better perspective on life and sports.

Now we need to send Bill Russell to the Middle East. He'll straighten things out.

No comments: