Usually when a local team makes a trade, I rush to get my thoughts out. The Celtics' recent trade doesn't have that excitement. There are some benefits to this trade, but the Celtics still remain a mediocre team. Since I have no coherent main point, here's some random thoughts about the trade:
- Big negative for me in the spelling department with Davis vs. Szczerbiak. That's the last time I spell his last name. For now on he will be known as Wally.
- I have no complaints about Ricky Davis. He always had a good professional attitude. I just think his game was too similar to Pierce's, and that hurt the Celtics' offense.
- Plenty of complaints about Mark Blount. The Celtics could have traded Mark Blount for the Godfather and it would have been a good trade.
- Blount may have been the greatest player ever at playing for a new contract. I have never seen an athlete quit like Blount did after getting that big raise.
- With good coaching (which he hasn't had yet) Marcus Banks can be a strong contributor.
- The Celtics get a center who's a former number one overall draft pick and an enormous disappointment. The good ol' Pervis Ellison Years, Part 2, now starring Michael Olowokandi!
- As for the other players, Reed's a good defender, nothing else. As for Dwayne Jones, his initials are DJ.