Wednesday, November 30, 2005

I thought he was supposed to be really good


The Bruins traded away Joe Thornton.

As you can tell from my numerous NHL posts, I'm quite the hockey expert. When Thornton was drafted number one he came in with great fanfare -- people were even comparing him to Gretzky and Lemieux. The Bruins have been terrible this year, but I don't know if it was Thornton's fault.

The way the Bruins have been lately with their terrible front office moves, I figure this will be another stupid move. When you trade a star for three players I never heard of (to be fair, I can probably name a total of five players in the NHL), the team trading away the star usually loses.

In the seventies the Bruins were the most popular team in Boston; now they're a joke.

Hockey experts feel free to chip in.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

yeah the bruins have been going down hill. this isnt a good move for them.. mabey their just shaking an eight ball and making descisions from that.. ALL HAIL THE MIGHTY EIGHT BALL.

Anonymous said...

I'm not a hockey expert, more of a casual fan. Here is the thing- the Bruins management makes it so easy to hate them. J Jacobs has that awful history of being so cheap, Harry Sinden always blames player salaries for the B's problems, and Mike O'Connell is his little binky. So, is Joe the reason the B's are so pitiful? Please. They will continue to be pitiful until they get rid of upper management. JACOBS, SINDEN, and O'CONNELL MUST GO, not the few good players they have. Geez.

Anonymous said...

I am here because of search results for blogs with a related topic to mine.
Please,accept my congratulations for your excellent work!
I have a athletic trainer careers site.
Come and check it out if you get time :-)
Best regards!